Illamasqua Freckle + INM Northern Lights

Saturday, March 15, 2014


I really love Freckle from Illamasqua. It's from their Spring 2013 collection The base colour which is kind of a beige brown is really interesting. It's definitely a unique polish! The black glitters, which are matte, really add to the effect. This polish captures the appearance of a bird's egg really well. What kind of bird? well I don't know, haha. I think this polish is pretty appropriate for spring that is soon approaching, right???


For a little extra pizzazz I added INM Northern Lights which is a top coat that has holographic glitter in it. I think Freckle looks great on its own too but when you have the opportunity to add a li'l sparkle why not take it? And Northern Lights isn't overpowering at all it so it doesn't distract from Freckle itself.

What I really love about this polish is that it has glitters in it but it doesn't look or feel chunky. Also it's pretty opaque after one coat but I find two adds more depth to the colour.


I have applied two coats of Freckle with one coat of Northern Lights top coat.

Post a Comment

© Caitlin Swatches - indie nail polish blog. Design by FCD.